

Hi Friends! I'm leaving the country tomorrow and have just had my last American holiday for a while. I'm visiting my oldest sister and two little nieces in Virginia, just outside of Washington DC. Last night we went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood (which is full of families and many other small, candy-eating children) and had a fun time. Although it took us a while to get into the swing of things. It was several houses before we could get both girls to say "Trick or Treat" and they seemed a little timid about knocking on strangers' doors. We avoided one house because rumor had it that a man was hiding in the bushes trying to scare trick-or-treaters. We told them he was just getting into the spirit of Halloween, but Jo Jo, the oldest, didn't believe us until her little sister Dani told her, "It's ok Jo Jo. The man is just pretending." Words of wisdom from a three year old. The second picture above was at the start of our big night. Dani, 3, is on the left dressed as a fairy and Jo Jo, 6, is on the right dressed as Cinderella. The first picture is of me with my oldest sister Amy when I was three and she was twenty.
Great pictures. Welcome to Africa! I'm glad you have a blog, I'll enjoy reading about our home through fresh eyes.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures. I thought after I took you to the airport I should have taken a picture of you before you left. Now I have one. What could be better than you in cat ears? I also very much enjoyed seeing a picture of my granddaughters. Thanks.
ReplyDelete